Veronica’s Wedding was a 2015 booking like most of my weddings this year, she sent me a direct massage via my instagram account @adascreation. She wanted a complete natural look for both her hair and makeup.
The picture above was for her hair and makeup trial because she wanted to try out a natural hair style. And my bridal package includes a complimentary bridal trial. Even though she had short hair, i could still do something with them using crochet braid from The Virgin Hair Boutique, Khomasdal Park Food.
A picture is worth a 1000 words as you can see from her big smile, she was a happy bride to be.
So what is the importance of wedding makeup trials exactly?
- Instead of stressing about your exact look on your big day, booking a wedding trial give you the freedom to perfect your final look BEFOREHAND. This means, finding the right foundation , which false lashes (if any) works best for you, and how the makeup will last throughout the day (after the trial).
- It allows you and the artist to not only be formally acquainted, but also allows you to evaluate their professionalism, gauge their work, and also tests just how well you connect. Let’s face it, we wouldn’t want an unprofessional artist who does not get along with you and your party, but also does a bad job on the look.
- It’s one less thing to worry about! Because you’ve went through with your trial, now everything is spelled out for the big day. This will give you peace of mind and lets you concentrate on other things.
For the makeup trial:
- I recommend my bride to come with a clean face. This means, no mascara, no lipstick, nada! We’re starting from scratch and building our way up. So starting with a clean face is key!
- Also, bring pictures of how you want your makeup to be on your big day. Photos will help where words let you down. By bringing pictures, it lets me offer advice and opinions on what might be the best for you.
For the hair trial:
- Just like the makeup trial, arrive with clean, blow dried hair. This allows me to add product, if needed, without building up on already oily hair.
- Also, if you plan to have any hair accessories such as a veil, tiara or clips bring them. This will give you a better picture of what you hair will look like on your wedding day.
- Bring pictures of what you’d like your hair to be like. Just like the makeup trial.
Veronica’s Wedding Day – March 26th, 2016
Her wedding took place here in Windhoek, she had one bridesmaid, which was perfect. I went over to her parent’s home in Shandumbala around 4:00 a.m. Started setting up and started working on her bridesmaid’s hair and makeup.
She made me feel very welcome and also offered me breakfast which is the most important meal of the day.And i love it when my brides take care of me.
After her skin was cleansed, toned and hydrated I filled in her brows using Anastasia Beverly hills brow definer in Dark brown and a bit of Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow by MAC to avoid the colour being too dark.
Her eyes were primed using MAC paint pot and I used my Morphe eyeshadow pallete 35O to create warm hues that made her eyes pop! This was finished off by Lining both top and waterline using Inglot gel liner in 77. I applied false lashes by Eylure from Dis-Chem in number 150
Her skin! Her skin was prepped using a mix of milk of magnecia and ponds cream for oily skin and NYX matte spray. I used MAC Matchmaster number 9 mixed with Makeup Forever. I applied it using my favorite face brush and buffed it further in using a damp beauty blender sponge.
To brighten the inner perimeter of her face I used MAC pro long wear concealer in NC43 which was set using shacha powder to set. I then added definition to her face using using MAC Mineralized powder in deep dark. To give her face that beautiful glow I used MAC Gold Deposit shimmer and MAC blush in raizin.
As you could see by her braids, we changed the initially hair style. The fact that I am very creative with the different hair styles, i was able to create this beautiful up do without a trial.
To finish off the whole look her lips were lined using MAC lipliner in Chestnut and filled in using a mixture of please me by MAC and Stone by Dose of color lipstick, and a bit of gloss in the center of her lips.
Thank so much Veronica for choosing Ada’s Creation and for such a lovely wedding.
God bless your union.